Monday, April 19, 2010

My 1st journey without them.....

There is always the first time for something in everyone's life. As for me my first time leaving the kids was the experience that I will never forget. I had to prepare myself mentally and physically the moment my boss instructed me to go to Jakarta for a walk through for Bank Maybank Indonesia. A few days before leaving I already told the kids that I will be away and 'sleep in the office' so I wont be around to cuddle and put them to bed. The moment Erica heard this she cried so hard as if I wont becoming back home!

Yesterday hubby send me to the airport, but I already asked that none of my family or my kids will be sending me as I don't want to see them crying or they see me crying. My dad had to bring the kids for a ride as he didn't want the kids to keep on crying. I tried very hard not to cry in front of them , but at the half way point to the airport, I failed and cried so hard... Hubby did not say much as he understand am a sensitive person when it comes to our children, and he was nice to wait for me until I passed through immigration. I guess he wanted to make sure that I will be okay.

A one and a half hours journey seems fast when there is a friend along. Thankfully, I went there with my mentor, Kak Ika. If I was asked to travel alone I would be miserable all the way! We arrived in Soekarno Hatta Airport at 5.00 pm local time (6.00 pm Malaysia time). Done with immigration an hour later, we got a cab to our hotel in Kuningan area. It was frustrating when the hotel informed us that the office didn't make any reservations, but luckily they had some spare rooms for the 3 of us. It was a nice hotel but I was a little afraid, as it is situated  near to the bombing incident back in 2009. Who knows? it may be the next  target! Alhamdulillah nothing bad happened and I was impressed with the security at the hotels. All incoming vehicles were scanned before entering the lobby, and all the occupants with luggage were scanned before approaching the lift. They were very thorough!

My brother Aman offered to fetch me from the hotel and bring us for dinner; if not  I would be crying all night long in the room alone thinking of my kids! He arrived at 7.00 pm and brought us for dinner at Mimink Daeng, a Makasar Restaurant. It was famous for its tata ribs. After dinner we all headed back to the hotel and they stayed in my room until midnight - talking and catching up. I was too tired and distracted to have a chance to cry! it was a good start but the moment I tried to sleep it was difficult as my loves one were not there. Even though we were far apart, yet they were always near in my heart.

No comments: