Wednesday, April 21, 2010

My working days in Jakarta

My Days in Jakarta started as early as 6.00 am. Maklum la kat Malaysia dah kira lewat sebab it is 1 hour ahead! Since it's early, I can take my time ironing my work clothes, take a shower and get ready. By 8.00am am, I was already on level 3 having breakfast together with the others. After 30 minutes we went down to catch a cab to the office. It was just a 20 minutes journey through the jalan 'tikus', as the locals call it; if not it would take us 45 minutes using the normal road!

Our discussion started at 930 am and usually finished by 6.00 pm. I had difficulty on the 1st day as many terms that they used were in Bahasa Indonesia instead of in English. Alhamdulillah, things improved from the 2nd day  as I can understand the discussion much better. It's a challenge doing unfamiliar things, especially as I had no proper training or background on Islamic Banking. But I take it as a challenge and it is a good exposure for myself.

After discussion we will catch a taxi back to the hotel and arrive around 7pm. My stay in Jakarta  was full of after-work activities as my brother and sister-in-law were  so nice to fetch us from the hotel and brought us out for dinner and shopping. I manage to grab 2 comforters, a few pairs of pyjamas  and shoes for myself. This is what I am actually thankful for as I have an understanding brother who is willing to accompany the sister so that I won't feel so sad thinking of Ehsan & Erica back home....

Everyday that I went to work I would always pray that the work went smoothly and can finish on time so that when the kids & Mr. Hubby came over the weekend, I could spend it fully with them. Mama's waiting for you, miss & love you both so much. 

 Our team - still discussing @ 6.45 pm

No comments: