Saturday, December 1, 2007

Jom Cari Makan......

Apart from being so worried about my sister's condition I was quiet busy with Petronita's activities. We had organized a farewell party for those who are going back to Malaysia and attended several meetings to plan few activities before our term end next March. We had planned several activities and today we had our first activity done. Bazaar!!!

It was so much fun and the crowd was so unexpected. Since it was a first trial, we are worried to sell lots of food, but in the end all the foods were sold off within 1 hour. As for me and hubby, we just had fun selling Laksa Penang as I guess that is a simple dish to prepare.

I had cooked the 'kuah' a nite before so this morning I didn't have much to do. I just asked my maid to cook the laksa and prepare the condiments this morning. We left the house at 8.15 a.m and headed to Block H at Riyadh and started to set up our stall. I wanted to share this happy moments that I brought the kids along. We had the first customer coming at 9.15 a.m eventhough it was suppose to start at 9.30 a.m. And to my suprise our laksa were just like 'hot cake' that it finished in 30 minutes. Lagipun I just make for 20 pax. (Hehehehehe......).

Sibuk menyusun.....

My stall - Laksa Penang

We had several stalls selling varieties of food. Nasi lemak with different types of lauk, Meehoon goreng, roti canai (siap tebar on the spot..), bubur ayam, drinks, kuih-muih and also handicraft, second hand things and books. Despite that a talented friend of mine; Sharifah; open a henna service for those interested.

Roti canai stall

Nasi lemak & Mee hoon goreng stall

Not only that, we are also 'dikunjungi' by TV3 crew who came here to shoot on Mercy in Sudan. So they took the opportunity to capture the moments of the bazaar for their special edition on NONA during Raya Haji nanti. (So jangan lupa korang yang baca ni tengok2 la NONA kot2 ada muka glamer ni....:)).

From left : Salina, Harlina, Hazila, Nurul Shuhada (TV3 host), Me & Hartina (NONA's producer)

We left Block H nearly 1230 p.m. Ehsan had so much fun even it was very hot day. Thinking that he would knock out upon arriving home, our prediction didn't come true. Wonder where he had the energy all day long???. He finally surrenderred himself by 7.00 p.m. I was not so keen to let the kids sleep before Maghrib but it turns out he slept the whole nite.

Perhaps mebe he was so much happy as I did with the bazaar today. Planning to sell some more on the next bazaar next month.

No comments: