Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Father's Day

I still remember when.....I was born and mummy told me that Daddy will do everything from cooking for my mum during her confinement to caring for me. That's why mummy said she never knew how to hold a new born baby as Daddy was the one who look after the 4 of us.

I still remember when... We were in primary school, Daddy would send and fetch us all from school. Maybe to some people it is not a big deal but for us it is truly a big deal. We never had the chance to take the public transportation not until when we enter University. I wish I could do the same to Ehsan & Erica later. Nowadays we would just rely on the school bus or public transportation as to ease our day to day routine.

I still remember when.... Kak Liza - My sis got the offer to UTM, Daddy rented a van from a friend just to make sure that all of us could follow and bring all the stuff there. Dulu mana ada highway so the journey from Sungai Petani to Johor Bahru would take at least 8 hours. Daddy never leave us anywhere he goes. His principle is that anywhere he goes the family should come along no matter how far or how hard it would be. And that is also the reason why he forced me to follow hubby to Sudan.

I still remember when.... I was in secondary school Daddy will make sure that he would come to my hostel every week. He would bring all my favorite foods (of course mummy yang masak semua) and wait there to accompany me while I eat. And also of course they would bring back all my laundry to be washed. Alasan yang selalu I used is Sekolah asrama kena basuh sendiri pastu tak berapa bersih. Kalau basuh machine senang, bersih and wangi.... Actually sebetulnya anakmu ini pemalas..

I still remember when.... I was suspended from college due to a fight with a boy. Daddy came all along the way to see the principal and asked for appologies and appeal. But the appeal was rejected and so I had to go back to Sungai Petani and 'serve' my penalty. Ayahku ini garang gila... Almaklum ada darah keturunan Hitler.

I still remember when.... I had a very bad flu and called mummy at 11.00 p.m. The next morning they arrived in KL at 5.00 a.m. Daddy would trouble himself if he knew anybody sick. He would drive all the way just to see by his own eyes on the person's condition.

I still remember when... On the night before my graduation day Daddy was so sporting that he allowed me to go out with my guy friend (noted : bukan boy friend ye) and have dinner. Daddy never allowed us to go out with guys tapi dia tau anak2 dia bukan baik mana. But to get approval from him is such a big deal for me. Maybe he knows that it is time for me to enjoy the moment after my studies.

I still remember when.... I started worked in Malaysia Airports, he came all along the way from Sungai Petani to look at my office and met my immediate boss. It was a big deal for me as I never recall any of my friends would allow their parents to come and meet the boss. Daddy would do the same to all of us. Maybe he used to be so involved in PIBG that he still think we are still his young children.

I still remember when... I was 24 and I never mentioned anything about having boyfriends or what. Daddy was so concerned that he asked my sister and mummy about me. Ye la dulu dia risau anak dia ni banyak sangat BF tapi bila dah keja diam pulak.

I still remember when.... I finally made my decision to marry and asked his permission for my parents-in-law to come for merisik. I was really scared and anxious thinking of what his reaction would be. I even had to call mummy just to ask her to have some nice words with him. And Alhamdulillah he was so calm upon hearing the news and welcomed them.

I still remember when... Daddy became the wali to akad hubby. At that point of time I was relieved to know that I am my Dad's biological daughter. Mana taknye, sebelum ni my siblings always make fun of my hidung kemek. They would say I am 'anak Cina Melayu kutip bela'.

I still remember when... The wedding end and I have to go back to KL, mummy called me and said that Daddy was crying soon after I left the house. I was crying when mummy told me that. I called Daddy to know his condition. Of course he would sounded very gentlemanly but I can hear his voice was different. And I got to know also that Daddy never sleep in the room that was used for my wedding reception for at least 1 year plus.

I still remember when... He came to Sudan and Ehsan fell sick and need to be admitted. He would be by my side everyday just to make sure that both me and Ehsan were fine. He would accompany me from the morning till the evening. Later Daddy pulak sakit.

And most thing that I remember most is that eventhough he never shows his love and care through words, but his actions speaks for it. And I guess I adopt that from him. It is difficult for me to say I love somebody but I show it through my action.

And today I just would like to wish a HAPPY FATHER'S DAY to all fathers in the world especially
my father - Mohamed Saleh Pfordten,
my hubby - Ezalman Reezal and
my father-in-law - TS Hadenan Jalil.

1 comment:

Nadia said...

it sound so sweet...