Sunday, November 25, 2007

Weeks of sadness....

It was almost 2 weeks since it happend - my sister fell sick. She is the only sister I have and she helped me a lot since I was schooling. And now that she is ill and I was so sad and stressed out as I was too far away to do anything. Here's what happend:

10th November

7.30 p.m - I was about to start on dinner when I got the sms from my brother asking me to go online in YM. Urgent! My sister just been brought to APSH by ambulance after having fits and spasms. How would one act if getting such message like that??? The mixed feeling make me feel out of control; I couldn't think and do things anymore. I finally called my niece and asked of my sis' condition. Since they had just arrived at the hospital, there was nothing much that can be updated as the doctors were still treating her.

13th November

6.58 p.m - I tried to call my niece but she didn't picked up the phone. Apparently my sister had just fainted when I called her. Her leg had cramps and the doctors still couldn't figure out the symptom.

14th November

7.13 a.m - My niece updated that the doctor would do the whole scan on the body and put a Doppler scanner on the feet to find a blood clot, as her feet was swelling up. They also tried to find problems with her lungs.

9.20 a.m - They found the blood clot in her foot and it was straining her heart. And they also suspected it might also go to the lungs.

10.37 a.m - They finally found the blood clot in her lungs and she had to be transferred back to ICU as her condition got serious.

11.29 a.m - Alhamdullillah, no operation will be done. The doctor will only filter her blood that goes back to the heart and give some medicine to thin out her blood. In the mean time she was put on morphine.

15th November

8.45 a.m - Doctor started to do the blood filtering. She was taken to the surgery room for the treatment. She left at 11.58 a.m

16th November

9.06 a.m - Mummy updated that she can start eating by herself.

17th November

6.06 p.m - Mummy updated that she is much better than the day before. Alhamdullillah...

18th November

2.49 p.m - The oxygen drip had been taken off. Her condition was getting better.

19th November

10.27 a.m - She was moved to the normal ward. She had her first bath after nearly 9 days.

22nd November

11.51 a.m - Her condition is progressing but still cant be discharged as her blood was too thin.

25th November

Today she was discharged after 2 weeks in the hospital. She may not be as active as before but it was happy to hear that she was getting better and improving.

The findings:

Doctor suspected that her condition was due to the consumption of contraceptive pills that she had been taken for years. She was diagnosed with Pulmonary Embolism and Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT).

The factors that caused her with this condition :

1- Overweight

2- Taking birth control pills

3- Having European bloodlines (my grandfather is German)

Alhamdullilah, the crisis is over; I can't wait to see her when I go back to Malaysia in December...

Ehsan & My only sista

3 comments:

Unknown said...

syikeen...my heart stopped a bit while ready ur sadness...so sorry to hear dat...she'll get well very soon...amin...

Syikeen Pfordten said...

thanks Lyn... How nice of you. Tapi biasa la kalau dah duduk jauh macam ni there's nothing much we can do.

Unknown said...

no prob my fren...just keep on berdoa...Allah knows the best.